In this episode of Talking with the Toothcop, you get a glimpse into the “behind the scenes” of what recording an episode really looks like. From food pranks to our favorite Starbucks orders—every tangent that we usually edit out is on full display. Don’t miss a fun and quirky episode that also includes some important news about our Dental Compliance Bootcamp! Listening may even get you some FREE coffee!
Outline of This Episode
- [0:21] Food pranks: Starbucks + Subway
- [6:10] Check out ProEdge Dental at https://proedgedental.com/toothcop!
- [12:12] Dental Compliance Bootcamp 2021
- [20:00] Record-keeping + Compliance Programs + Cybersecurity
[27:48] Learn more about protectIt dental at https://dentalcompliance.com/drugkit
Learn about Dental Compliance Bootcamp 2021
Bootcamp is coming up, November 19th-20th in Hurst, TX (in the DFW area) at the Hurst conference center. The Hilton Garden Inn is attached to the conference center.
- We are going to have some hands-on medical emergency training. After attending, dentists will be able to facilitate training for their staff. Secondly, bring your team and run through some scenarios together.
- Justin Bonner, DDS Board Certified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery & Garrett Starling, MD Board Certified Anesthesiologist will be there! (the course instructors for our pain management course)
- You’ll get some courses on insurance with Tonya Burns (Pediatric Consultant).
- Laura Diamond—a healthcare attorney—will be returning this year. She’ll be presenting in our risk-management and record-keeping course.
The goal is to provide you hands-on clinical training that you can immediately put into practice.
This years theme: Record-keeping + Compliance Programs
Most of our presentations will center around:
- We will go in-depth on the nuts and bolts of a corporate compliance program for people who participate in Medicare/Medicaid. We will also complete a mock compliance committee meeting. You’ll learn what you need to talk about and cover in these meetings.
- Record auditing is a major element of compliance. We’ll cover what you need to audit/monitor, what it looks like, what records to create, and how to solve problems when you run into them.
If you have any compliance responsibilities, come and immerse yourself in the experience. It’s not your typical conference. It is hands-on and immersive and you will get to experience everything with us. This is an opportunity to learn great things to apply to your organization. It’s also a chance for you to interact with our clients to decide if we’re a great fit for you.
What’s your favorite drink from Starbucks? Let me know at email@example.com and I’ll put you in a raffle for a gift card!
Resources & People Mentioned
- Learn more about protectIt dental at https://dentalcompliance.com/drugkit or call them at 888-878-8916 and tell them that the Toothcop sent you!
- Mark your calendar for Dental Compliance Bootcamp 2021
- Hurst Conference Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Hurst