Presented by Duane Tinker:
CEO, Dental Compliance Specialists, LLC
Compliance Consultant and Speaker
Each dental office/ DSO, as a Covered Entity under HIPAA regulations, is required to establish someone to oversee the office/organization’s compliance with HIPAA. It’s a thankless job, but someone has to do it. The HIPAA Privacy Rule requires the appointment of a HIPAA Privacy Officer to oversee compliance with HIPAA’s privacy rule. The HIPAA Security Rule requires the appointment of a HIPAA Security Officer to oversee compliance with HIPAA’s security rule. The roles between the two are similar, yet different. The roles may be fulfilled by one person or many persons. In any event, every person tasked with overseeing HIPAA compliance for a Covered Entity should receive training on what it means to administer HIPAA compliance for your practice/organization.
Who Should Attend?
Persons in charge of overseeing HIPAA compliance for a dental practice or DSO.
- Understand your Roles and Responsibilities as the HIPAA Privacy and/or HIPAA Security Officer
- Understand when patient authorization is not required for disclosure of PHI
- Describe HIPAA requirements relating to Business Associate agreements
- Understand Breach Notification requirements
- Identify Administrative, Physical and Technical safeguards required by the HIPAA Security Rule
Available April 2021 Dates:
April 20th, 12 pm - 1 pm (CST)
1-Hour Lecture Credit
The course is $79/person. AGD Subject Code: 566
This course will be hosted as a live webinar by Dental Compliance Specialists. For questions or assistance, please email email@example.com or call 817-755-0035.
Refunds/Exchanges allowed up to 7 days prior to the course date. To request a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-755-0035.