Presented by Duane Tinker:
CEO, Dental Compliance Specialists, LLC
Compliance Consultant and Speaker
Patient privacy and security requirements for dental professionals are ever-evolving. While training requirements are vague, the Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights (HHS-OCR) has reinforced that they expect HIPAA training to be a continual process and that annual training is a ‘minimum’.
Dentists and their workforce (independent contractors and employees) must receive training that is relevant to their job function. This course will outline the fundamentals and latest requirements related to the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, and Security Awareness requirements. This course will fulfill the requirements of HB300 (Texas Medical Privacy Act) of 2012.
- Understand HIPAA terminology
- Identify what information is classified as protected health information (PHI)
- Understand the Notice of Privacy Practices (NPP)
- Understand when patient authorization is not required for disclosure of PHI
- Describe HIPAA requirements between Covered Entities and Business Associates
- Understand Breach Notification requirements
- Identify Administrative, Physical and Technical safeguards required by the HIPAA Security Rule
1.5 - Self-Instruction Credit
The course is $29/person. AGD Subject Code: 566
This course will be hosted as a self-instruction course by Dental Compliance Specialists. For questions or assistance, please email email@example.com or call 817-755-0035.
Original Release Date: 7/1/2019
Review Date: 2/14/2023
Expiration Date: 2/14/2027
Refunds/Exchanges are allowed providing the attendee hasn't completed the course. To request a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-755-0035.